• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Top 10 Maps

DeletedUser2616

I think that's the issue, there's no correct answer that fits all tribes. depends on the spread, the membership numbers, the capabilities of the leader(s), the cooperation/activity of the tribe and also the enemies/allies on the world. seems like there's a hell of a lot of wrong answers that work in 0 situations (like what WOW did, and many other tribes)

I'm always willing too listen and learn... too pick things up etc.. in my experience a council winning tribe is possible ( I have been in one such tribe) ... their council was extremely efficient... I believe that's the answer possibly... if the tribe has a super active experienced council it will incline them too stay and provide service too the tribe ... wow en route too growing as much as we did early on was actually a confederation of (wow) and around 2 or 3 smaller tribes who all got membership on the main council... at one point we had around 14 co leaders plus darkness 7/8 council members! I'm honestly not joking

So at time I was accepting of it. . I just went with the flow but now I can say it was a fatal error inflating tribe leadership so much!... honestly some co leaders wouldn't turn up too council chat for about 2 weeks sometimes!! And all co leaders had too vote on war/alliances/ sometimes recruitment etc! Lol

DeletedUser2369

a council-led tribe winning a world is the exception, not the rule.
As Guts said, there isnt a one-size-fits-all solution.
In my personal opinion the most likely situation to work is 1 leader, with advisors/council to delegate tasks to. This reduces bottlenecks in the decision making to just the founder. This should be the default leadership structure for all tribes, then adjust to suit.
The problem with that structure is that the leader has to be willing to let others take glory, be willing to listen to their advisors, but also willing to override them or make decisions without them when the situation allows. They also have to be willing to power through the crap parts of the game.

In the case of the council-led tribe i referred to in my last post the way it came about was 1 leader got the tribe set up and on a path to greatness, then went inactive for about a week. When he came back he passed leadership on to a friend, that friend then proceeded to destroy the tribe by stealing claimed vills, preventing tribemates from attacking enemy around him (that he would not attack either), waiting for tribemates to kill enemies and then moving in to take the vills, and claiming every single internal for himself. The council was forced to stage a coup when players started leaving the tribe so that they could attack the leader. After that noone trusted a single leader, so the council kept it between them. there were 4 core council memebers, with 2-3 advising council members. This was in a 200 member tribe (this was in the days where that was normal). The council returned the tribe to the path to greatness and ended up taking out the 3 larger tribes allied against us. That council came pretty close to implosion however as two members (myself being on of them) kept butting heads, and one would rant and rave in private messages to random tribemembers which completely undermined the leadership of the entire council, and that is how most councils fail, they cant agree, then the arguements spill into the tribe and sour everyone. Or the other extreme where they just dont make any decisions to avoid arguements.

I think there is one other leadership structure worse than WOWs, and i had it last world i played, the founder was not on council, and didnt want to be, but if they disagreed with the leadership they would demote everyone (the founder had 3 villages with no intention of getting more, and was the 2nd smallest member). When this happened after a simple misunderstanding of a comment from a non-council member, it broke the tribe, the leadership and council left along with the best members to form a tribe where the leaders were allowed to lead

I agree with what you are saying ... I just want too add that regardless of the system/ organisation of the tribe... I feel it's activity of the leader/leaders which is most vital.. if the tribe sees listed leaders doing 'leadership' stuff, they'll be inclined too follow and stick with tribe... if they see leaders or council doing or contributing nothing they'll likely head for hills... kinda like my situation(not meaning to be narcissistic here)... I tried too be as active and cooperative as poss but some fellow leaders couldn't commit that level of activity I did.... therefore they probably should never have been given council spot... unfortunately because we merged 2 tribes in with us ... it was a barter of the merge... but oh well... live and learn and all that ! Lol

DeletedUser2616

I think i know segments of the first story you're referring to (en7?) @GRhin

I had a situation where i was asked to join a world to co-lead a tribe and help salvage them. the person that got me to join then left within days to join the rank 2 tribe and i was left to pick up the pieces and do what i could. the founder was semi-active and also fairly incompetent, the players had 0 faith in him but i stayed to see what i could pull off. whenever i had the ship steered right he'd then come back and throw a wrench into it, costing us players each time he did. He even went red at one point, i nearly had the mods give me the founder badge but he came back just within the timeframe that they had set, so then half the players left. got to a point where i took a handful of players i trusted, contacted another tribe asking for spots for all of us. They accepted, didn't offer me a council spot nor did i ask for one, i just wanted to play the game since that earlier experience left a sour taste. it also made me swear off ever leading a tribe again. Most i'd ever do is be in an advisory position to a leader

I think i know segments of the first story you're referring to (en7?) @GRhin

I had a situation where i was asked to join a world to co-lead a tribe and help salvage them. the person that got me to join then left within days to join the rank 2 tribe and i was left to pick up the pieces and do what i could. the founder was semi-active and also fairly incompetent, the players had 0 faith in him but i stayed to see what i could pull off. whenever i had the ship steered right he'd then come back and throw a wrench into it, costing us players each time he did. He even went red at one point, i nearly had the mods give me the founder badge but he came back just within the timeframe that they had set, so then half the players left. got to a point where i took a handful of players i trusted, contacted another tribe asking for spots for all of us. They accepted, didn't offer me a council spot nor did i ask for one, i just wanted to play the game since that earlier experience left a sour taste. it also made me swear off ever leading a tribe again. Most i'd ever do is be in an advisory position to a leader

That's seriously a disgusting act of usary... what a dickish thing too do on their part

DeletedUser5110

I'm eager for this weeks report. I don't need the map, I suspect I won't even be able to see the subtle changes. I just want to know where the tribes are standing; how much of a gain did -X- make; who's losing villages to -x-; is WOW making a last ditch effort to ruin -x-'s plan?

DeletedUser2369

I believe x reached 79%, however a sizable player decided he wanted to play the dead world even longer so left the tribe to create his own - tribe ranked 3rd (I guess he enjoys barb/inactive munching) which put is back to 76-77% now. We have been consistently going up 0.8% per day, so another 4 or 5 days till end game now.
Everyone is losing villages to x, and nobody is making a last ditch effort to stop us. Closest to doing that was a new tribe NZL (rank 10 at the time) who took 3 vills off us, and was subsequently smashed.

DeletedUser5110

Apparently he got lonely in that tribe all by himself and has joined WOW.

DeletedUser5110

I understand you're loneliness. I'm in a tribe full of corpses. Makes the tribe forum pretty quiet.

Nothing wrong with spicing things up ... this world never had a "balanced" fight so maybe it did need some spice ... but it kinda too late for that imo ... you should have joined them much earlier when there was still a fight and they had a chance ... but i guess it's much easier to go rogue when you are secured/surronded by corpses :p

DeletedUser5161

About 78.5% or 90 villas left. Had a fun week and a bit battling EagleWarrior.

DeletedUser2369

yea about that. Lucky you to have a battle, im still looking for it. The most WOW has done towards a "last-ditch attempt" is to mass-recruit... again. that added maybe 12hours to our victory. Good job guys. Whats worse is that I think that idea only came from LordFuzzy, the rest of WOW leadership would have just coasted to the loss.
Speaking of LordFuzzy, as far as I can tell, he hasnt done much since leaving. I think he expected several more -X- members to follow him (based off emails to my coops trying to recruit them) I found just today hes taken a barb in one of my minor provinces, but there is no way he can get nobles to hit me before the victory, so too little too late. In fact, hes taken a grand total of 4 villages since leaving -X- (compared to averaging 5 per day while in x), so much for spicing things up. I really expected more from someone with such a high bash... kinda deflates his reputation for me, the least he could have done was go down in a blaze of glory.
So basically all LordFuzzy and WOWs last ditch efforts have resulted in keeping the world open for 5 days longer.
Hopefully this scathing review of the situation will light a fire and convince someone to actually do something to extend the world, rather than just recruiting.
I called 4 or 5 days to the end, we have reached that time, and we arent there, but we are still alot closer than we should be tbh. 2 days left max unless something unexpected happens.

Some -X- members were receiving recruitment mails ?!
Where is my damn mail ?? ... maybe i'm not super big but i can add 2 extra days ... maybe even 3 ... very disappointed

DeletedUser4569

Some -X- members were receiving recruitment mails ?!
Where is my damn mail ?? ... maybe i'm not super big but i can add 2 extra days ... maybe even 3 ... very disappointed

Must have missed it :'(