• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Not Naming Names...

DeletedUser4568

So, I message a tribe leader to get an invite and let them know that they can ask me anything if they want to find out what I know about the game and type of player I am. I am asked what worlds I have played in and what usernames have I had.

That's it.

No questions about how active I am. No questions about my play style or even a bit of curiosity about my knowledge of the game at all.

Is this what TW2 has come to? Is it all about what you can find out on tw2-tools?

DeletedUser1581

So, I message a tribe leader to get an invite and let them know that they can ask me anything if they want to find out what I know about the game and type of player I am. I am asked what worlds I have played in and what usernames have I had.

That's it.

No questions about how active I am. No questions about my play style or even a bit of curiosity about my knowledge of the game at all.

Is this what TW2 has come to? Is it all about what you can find out on tw2-tools?

People can lie about tw experience, you need evidence to back it up hence them wanting stats. Asking people how active they are can be lied about as well, also with the phone app coming into play it's easier for people to be more active now. Play styles can also vary, I don't use one specific play style but adapt and use initiative, as the world goes on you will come across different players with different strats and builds e.g. if someone has a archer + sword defense I'm not going to send a MA nuke at it I'm going to switch to LC ect.
The simple answer is if your not happy about it, don't join the tribe or join and ask for higher role like a recruiter in the tribe. Come running to the forums and complaining very rarely changes anything IG.

DeletedUser4556

Lmao.

Maegor - May 21, 2017 1:50:10 AM
What's world's have you been on and your previous usernames?

M0XIE - May 21, 2017 1:51:45 AM
The old worlds. Only one previous username and I can't remember it. That's why I have a new account. It was Omega something, I think.

M0XIE - May 21, 2017 2:12:36 AM
Is that the only question? Are you not curious at all about my level of activity? Not curious about my knowledge of the game and abilities? Anything else?

Maegor - May 21, 2017 4:17:51 AM
I figured I'd look you up, that answers better than what people say most of the time haha. Is this your first tw2 world?

M0XIE - May 21, 2017 10:52:50 AM
Lol. I guess tw2-tools can come in handy sometimes. No, this isn't my first world. Unfortunately, I'm a pretty forgetful person. Probably the only reason I still remember how to play is because I've been playing a similar game while I wasn't playing TW. I'd say it's been about a year and a half since I played a TW2 world.

Maegor - May 21, 2017 5:06:31 PM
Tell you what. I won't add you now. If you can outgrow your province, message me in a week or 2.

M0XIE - May 21, 2017 5:58:07 PM
Lol. Yeah, that's not going to happen. I don't spend money on the game and in a week or two, without a tribe, I'll be a prime target for several players here. No matter how much of a fight I put up...no tribe, no coining = losing battle. Even I know that. I'll be getting attacked as soon as my protection drops and by then you may consider me a refugee and not let me join anyway.

Thank you for your time though.

Maegor - May 21, 2017 9:26:39 PM
Most players can last a week or 2 out of protection. But that's fine good luck

M0XIE - May 21, 2017 9:31:22 PM
Without spending any money? I doubt it. Then again, I'm not the most optimistic person in any case. Lol. Maybe the game isn't as aggressive as it once was.

Maegor - May 21, 2017 10:46:04 PM
I've done it plenty of times without spending a dime

M0XIE - May 21, 2017 11:15:28 PM
If you're talking about just sticking it out for a few weeks on my own without spending a dime, that would be no problem at all. I can stand firm even a while after the nobles start coming. Lol. That's the fun part. Outgrowing my province? I don't know about that. You and I both know that growth is an uphill battle when your out of protection, tribeless and not coining. I mean, I heard that the game has been declining a bit since I stopped playing, but I honestly didn't think it had lost that much of a punch.

Maegor - May 22, 2017 1:30:06 AM
Sounds like you're just making excuses

M0XIE - May 22, 2017 1:31:23 AM
Lol. Does it really?

Maegor - May 22, 2017 2:27:50 AM
Lol. Yes

M0XIE - May 22, 2017 2:35:16 AM
Lol. I guess there's no point in continuing the conversation if you insist on seeing it that way. It's been fun chatting with you. I won't bother you with anymore of my "excuses". :)

DeletedUser1581

I guess you should be careful what you wish for m0xie as it appears you are the noob here. Unable to outgrow your province wiht out crowning? Lol come on please unless you get another good players in your province you should easily be able to do that. Although I do question the authenticity of this as maegor could have just wrote this out himself (screenshot and post it s that is harder to question)

DeletedUser2847

I guess you should be careful what you wish for m0xie as it appears you are the noob here. Unable to outgrow your province wiht out crowning? Lol come on please unless you get another good players in your province you should easily be able to do that. Although I do question the authenticity of this as maegor could have just wrote this out himself (screenshot and post it s that is harder to question)
Its might be that You are just as much noob as m0xie is. I might Know Who m0xie is.
And when we speak about outgrow a province without being in a tribe or use crowns it depends on a few issues. 1. What other players is in the provinces. 2. Is this players members of an ok tribe. I guess i would get problem to outgrow a province standing alone if my targets was ok players and members of an ok tribe. But of course im just a noob

DeletedUser1581

M0xie is a mysterious one eh. Like I said if you're not outgrowing your province chances are you won't get far, either there is a good player in your province or you get hit by a coordinated tribe early on. I've known of several players going from start up to late game in a tribe on their own and I usually make my own tribe if I join a world with no plans before hand and leave it a few weeks to see how things pan out before jumping in a tribe. I'd prefer that than tribe hopping about or running from a good fight.

To be honest I don't know why i'm replying as I get the feeling you jsut don't read what other users write and then go off on a tangent and write a paragraph of useless garbage no one cares about .... So I'll find a quote of something I believed you missed me say as you apppear to only take the information you want out of what others write.

Although I do question the authenticity of this as maegor could have just wrote this out himself (screenshot and post it s that is harder to question)

DeletedUser4556

Why don't you just ask moxie here if I changed anything? :p

DeletedUser4579

M0XIE should've just pretended to be a new player. LOL
I also noticed that no one addressed M0XIE's mention of being a refugee.
Anyway, I don't see what the big deal is here. You all act like kicking someone isn't an option. M0XIE obviously knows some things about the game. If he/she were to join and it doesn't work out for whatever reason, kick them.

M0XIE should've just pretended to be a new player. LOL
I also noticed that no one addressed M0XIE's mention of being a refugee.
Anyway, I don't see what the big deal is here. You all act like kicking someone isn't an option. M0XIE obviously knows some things about the game. If he/she were to join and it doesn't work out for whatever reason, kick them.
It's called drama. Sweet, sweet drama. It's something we all love.

DeletedUser4556

Moxie showed he had a bad attitude with his second message. I was being generous by telling him to come back to me in a couple weeks. After he responded poorly to that, I was just having fun with him.
Don't get me wrong, I have some cocky assholes in my tribe. But I don't tolerate people who make stupid, obvious excuses.

DeletedUser4579

I don't see any signs of a bad attitude at all. It seems to me that M0XIE was just being up front and honest. I appreciate that type of honesty. I guess some don't.
In my opinion, being generous would have been to just let M0XIE join the tribe in the first place.
The whole thing about M0XIE making excuses sounds like your being dismissive. I see nothing stupid about the point that was being made. You may disagree, but that doesn't make it a "stupid excuse". Just different points of view.
Since when did having differences become so offensive?

DeletedUser1914

the game has descended so far that even the idea of making friendly with your neighbours early game has turned to shite? instead its find a tribe whos name and troops can defend you rather than find people strategically placed....

You need more than the TW2 stats to assess a players "worth". I don't mind admitting that my stats are crap but I reckon i do enough in my tribe to be considered "worth having". I don't think i would wait to be asked the question, if i wanted in the tribe i would sell myself as best i could. If after all that they were not interested then it would not be the tribe for me. They would have missed out on a good player.
I have been on worlds when after the fighting is done and the game is won (just waiting for closure) players have gone round nobling other good players who have moved on to new worlds. Players that I know have not really worked hard, and done just about enough to stay in the tribe. They have kept themselves safe and then in those last few weeks shot up the rankings - and you have to do a double take when you look at their
stats:eek: So on their own the stats mean nothing.
When you start off on a world where you are positioned and who you are positioned near is a major factor. Getting into a tribe early on is important but not essential. A good tribe will see your growth rate and want you to join. Local players will see your growth and want you out of their province. Good players will attack you, less confident players will want to be friends with you. However, no one early on in the game wants to lose their nuke so do a good build, farm hard and play well - then even the good players will want to work with you.
Maegor you may have missed out on a good player by not asking more questions. MOXIE maybe you didn't help yourself in the way that you reacted to his questions. If you wanted in the tribe and you had the experience, at the start of the convo would have been a good time to put your cards on the table.
Personally i would appreciate a player with "balls" who wants in the tribe enough to tell me what he has to offer. If i had the space I would give him a chance to prove it, take his villages and kick him later if he doesn't; but then i am a softy ;)

DeletedUser2616

If you apply for a tribe and get rejected, just wreck them. that's what i'd do, heh

DeletedUser3016

If you apply for a tribe and get rejected, just wreck them. that's what i'd do, heh
Ah, the old 'I wanted to play alongside your villages, don't let me, I will play with them instead' routine... Never fails to amuse :D