• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Unending lag

• Thread starter DeletedUser1622
  • Start date

DeletedUser1622

This server is quickly turning into complete garbage, this unreal lag has been going on for 6 days now. Coordinating attacks and defence is a nightmare. Yet no communiques or anything to explain.

DeletedUser3242

I believe its the work of the patriarchy - keeping the servers down, to mess with feminism..

DeletedUser1581

No point complaining, nothing gets done about it. Might as well all shut up shop and go back to TW1 .....

DeletedUser430

I apologize that you guys are experiencing this and our tech department has been made aware of the issue. We're going to reboot the server as this seemed to help yesterday.

DeletedUser1104

I apologize that you guys are experiencing this and our tech department has been made aware of the issue. We're going to reboot the server as this seemed to help yesterday.
well that is the most stereotypical tech support solution... the good ole turn it on and off technique. I bet if that doesnt work they will google the issue... and if google fails they will smack the server and scream at it really really loud till it corrects itself.

DeletedUser1622

well that is the most stereotypical tech support solution... the good ole turn it on and off technique. I bet if that doesnt work they will google the issue... and if google fails they will smack the server and scream at it really really loud till it corrects itself.
Next step is slapping the side of the box, then googling.

DeletedUser3820

With all due respect, I understand this is not an easy situation to resolve, since it isn't occurring all the time, but please.... this game is unplayable... It is impossible to follow an attack plan simply because the game is unreliable and it is impossible to time attacks with all this lagging.

sure, you can do some farming and building... but this game is about timing and attacks, and those have become impossible to properly execute.

I am hitting that refresh button more then sending actual commands, and more often than not i can't even load the game.

DeletedUser3903

I am sorry these issues are happening. I know it is frustrating and we are doing what we can to have this corrected. Productive feedback of what you are experiencing is helpful as we are working through this.

DeletedUser3820

Well, I'll give you some feedback for the developers: the websocket server is lagging... it's as simple as that. All commands are pushed through that socket, be it reading or sending information, so the lag is happening with all commands. Attacks, recruiting, opening reports, etc... doesn't matter what command it is. Looks to me like a capacity problem, socket server is just unable to handle the amount of requests, hence some requests are delayed (or even hit the timeout limit). Very much the same as when a new world is opening, only not this severe.

DeletedUser3242

Problems like this are solved by profiling - measure all the system variables - amount of requests/dropped requests/failed requests. Amount of open connections/memory usage/disk queue and yes also the available socket capacity as Dr.Brainiac suggested. Find the bottleneck and widen it. Maybe the disks are full or server needs more memory or NAS is overloaded. This stuff needs profiling - find the spikes.

DeletedUser3505

Someone was saying all the icons and graphics used in the game are actually part of the same big picture that gets loaded/downloaded over and over every time part of is to be shown, and then cropped. Sounds like a serious optimization issue right there.