• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Being farmed

DeletedUser3505

Lo
New player in a new tribe here. All of us in the area I'm in have been turned into farms for 1 single cadre member. There's nothing to do about it except bending over and taking it?

Looks like our stay in tribal wars 2 will be a short one if so.

DeletedUser3016

Spend all your res, and dodge the attacks. That way when you have a big enough force, you can counter him. Keep working on wall levels, and troops, and eventually you will do more damage to him, than will be worth farming you for :)

DeletedUser3456

If the above doesn't work for you, you may also restart and aim for an area with less higher point players, it's not unheard of for rim players to change the world.

DeletedUser3505

Restart is what I did, on the new server.

Also, hard to dodge attacks when he is quite literally right next to me. Spending res on troops = dead troops.
No way out of that situation that I can see at least

DeletedUser486

If you still have friends/contacts in the area, you will need to work together, with everyone building defensive troops ready for one big showdown.
The fewer resources he takes from you, the more of a waste it is to send troops.
Finally, whoever is at a distance enough to get the most wall built in between attacks is the village where you make your stand.

DeletedUser2084

Let me know and we'll take out that Cadre player for you if they're not too far from us =]

DeletedUser486

Let me know and we'll take out that Cadre player for you if they're not too far from us =]
Or option 3 you speak to the largest enemy tribe of the player attacking you and see if they can't drum up packet support xD

DeletedUser

Packet support?

I think Yatogami mean sending defense units from other players to one of your village, until it reach up to 10k-40k troops or more. If they cant organize a defense like that and your lucky to be assisted by players like Sephyrx and her minions, they will be mowed down like grass.

Too bad if your that grass. For newbies like us, find experienced tribes near you that will help you out by sending def units. Chat and befriend people, if your lucky, the things they can teach you may worth more than crowns.

Hard to play alone, you can always bring your friends since kindergarten or relatives to form up a tribe. Sending support troops should one of the things to learn after tw2 tutorial.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser3016

Packet support, more specifically is smaller amounts of troops from many different villages. If a player sends 100 troops from each village, then if it is cleared, they can rebuild it much faster, so is much more efficient, and often means players can then afford to support more members, as it is equal responsibility to do so.

DeletedUser3505

Right, thanks for the explanation. We have a 40 newbies strong tribe, things were going well, we were up to rank..16 or 17? Unfortunately we're spread out in a couple different locations with upwards of 10 hours traveltime between them, so defending each other when someone has incoming isn't feasible. So when one of our villages gets to noble prodution level, it gets taken.
Also, just in the area I'm in, there are 6-7 of us, all under attack from the same guy, or two guys now that another has joined in. Hoping for support from other tribes for all villages for all members is pretty unrealistic I would think.

DeletedUser2084

Packet support?

It was a joke because Cadre ONLY send packet support (unless their core members are under attack of course..) so you'll see 30 players sending 20 spears, 50 swords, 50 archers.

DeletedUser

Can someone take out Cadre now? They are not newbie friendly. Just came out of protection when someone take out my main some days ago.
Its still a mystery to me after all there is bigger village than mine that time.
I wish I know how to restart.

Now they are messing with newcomers. Perhaps some tribe can help Cadre retire, a coalition perhaps? Yeah world peace! *hides in the closet*

DeletedUser3016

Can someone take out Cadre now? They are not newbie friendly. Just came out of protection when someone take out my main some days ago.
Its still a mystery to me after all there is bigger village than mine that time.

Now they are messing with newcomers. Perhaps some tribe can help Cadre retire, a coalition perhaps? Yeah world peace! *hides in the closet*
To restart, go to your settings menu, and there should be a button in there. You have to have 2 or less villages though :p

DeletedUser2754

One thing that wasn't said here, is that it is pointless for you to receive small packs of defense with big gaps of time between them. The enemy will just keep clearing them without barely loosing any troops. Packet defense is the best but for your case, you need it all to land within a short period of time.

This is what I would do:
1. Study your enemy. Learn the most you can about him. You should try to figure out your enemy's sleep time or less active time. You should know what he sends to farm you and what he has as a backup if you kill his farming raid.
2. You are trying to recover from a bad situation and your enemy has everything more than you. The only way you will recover from that place is if you become more active than your enemy and if you do no mistakes. So be active, when you are online you need to dodge all his attacks, you need to farm to get resources, you need to keep your queues always producing more troops, you need to spend all your resources before his troops farm you.
3. When you can't be online to dodge the attacks, send your troops to farm a barb as far away as half of the time it will take for you to return. That way, if he attacks, he won't kill your troops. What matters is that you save your troops and use them to get the most resources you can and in the end use them to kill your enemy.
4. While you do #2 and #3, forget the wall, it's a pointless building until you are ready to defend.
5. Use one of the available sims (they aren't very accurate but better than anything) and check what amount of troops you would require to kill the troops he is sending, and whatever he will send next once he realizes you killed him. Don't try to defend or request support unless you are sure you have gathered enough.
6. Once you've done your part, set a landing time and request your tribemates to send you all support they can, landing at a specific time (within the no activity time of your enemy).
7. Now it is the time for you to raise that wall as high as you can.
8. If you can request also 3 or 4 paladins and put each one with a different weapon to boost your defense.

Anyway, this is early in the game for you, if I were you I would take this as a learning experience. I would try to do everything right not to actually kill the enemy but to learn about the game. If you restart in the end even if you were able to pull this off might not be a bad thing.

There is no newbie friendly. This is a war game not simcity. Get used to it. Search for some guides. Learn about the game and fight back. And do not search a coalition of the unskilled. Get the skills instead.

DeletedUser486

Right, thanks for the explanation. We have a 40 newbies strong tribe, things were going well, we were up to rank..16 or 17? Unfortunately we're spread out in a couple different locations with upwards of 10 hours traveltime between them, so defending each other when someone has incoming isn't feasible. So when one of our villages gets to noble prodution level, it gets taken.
Also, just in the area I'm in, there are 6-7 of us, all under attack from the same guy, or two guys now that another has joined in. Hoping for support from other tribes for all villages for all members is pretty unrealistic I would think.
This is why you send packet support, 100 spear is nothing to your defense, but stacked up it can do serious damage.

@sephyrx I was deadly serious about packet support, it is the most efficient way to deal with early start up hostiles, especially when organised by a very good leader to see it land at an organised time. W70.net DSY4 were deadly with it during startup.

DeletedUser2084

@sephyrx I was deadly serious about packet support, it is the most efficient way to deal with early start up hostiles, especially when organised by a very good leader to see it land at an organised time. W70.net DSY4 were deadly with it during startup.

Oh yes I totally agree. But at this stage in the server sending 20/20/20 unorganized is just asking for troops to be killed. And that's exactly what's happening. It's quite hilarious tbh.