• Hello, Guest!
    Are you passionate about Tribal Wars 2 and like to help your fellow players?
    We currently have open positions for Forum Moderators!

>> Join the Tribal Wars 2 Team now! <<
    We would love to hear from you!

Is this how TW is now played by some? Pay to Win early on?

DeletedUser2084

Not that this is the point of the post but anyway... I am no where near small enough to have the benefit of having others have decreased morale vs me. Second everything you have listed is things I have been doing vs p&d and you can ask them, they will probably confirm that I am a nuisance to kill. I killed Naster's nuke by allowing him to prenoble a village of mine for him to then hit with the full nuke... and my offense hit a few seconds later. I sniped 3-4 (on top of like 4-8 others I killed of his just from defending attacks) nobles this world alone from Skurzasty before he quit. Defensive traps on Skurzasty's other nuke and mi3szek nukes. Both Skurzasty and Mi3szek have quit. Naster is a pain in the butt and sticks around nobling Skurzasty and Mi3szeks villages along with Nick. The only person so far who has hit me and got away with a live nuke is Nick from p&d and that was simply because I had to choose whose offense to kill and Skurzasty and MI3szek won.

But back to the point. I was a top 10 player at this point (im top 30 now because I have been trading hits with all of them so alot of rebuilding on both sides and not expanding). They still were able to hit me with large nukes (off the top of my head I am 99% confident that atleast one of the nukes was a full bountiful harvest nuke early on by Skurzasty). Skurzasty atleast admitted to buying legendary offers on troops when they were up, as well as all the benefits I have previously mentioned. Even though I was a top 10 player (and yes I pump troops 100% of time) I still couldnt handle all the nukes at once and eventually got some support. Some of the nukes were simply too large with a huge morale boost at a very early point in the world. So while they didnt gain ground on me, they were able to hamper me greatly. And that was only a few of them attacking me at once.

So you're losing because you're alone.. not because they crown. If you had a tribe that would support you, you'd easily win. But you don't so therefore you're blaming it on crowning.

DeletedUser3391

Lol it's like you've never heard of morale. Didn't expect you to since you've probably never been top 10 in your life ;)
I never been top 10 nor I expect I'll be since I've got nothing to prove in the game, but I appreciate your pathetic attempt to discredit my argument by attacking my character as if one thing had anything to do with the other. Not a good idea for, if I were to judge you by what I know of your gaming, I'd say you have an inferiority complex the size of Alaska, and wining in the game is the way to compensate for the way you've lost in life. Hey, but at least I know that's just my talking BS --no disrespect intended since I don't know you at all.

Still, you didn't answer the question: Have you stopped buying crowns? C'mon, after all your preaching, the right answer shouldn't be too complicated.

DeletedUser1104

So you're losing because you're alone.. not because they crown. If you had a tribe that would support you, you'd easily win. But you don't so therefore you're blaming it on crowning.
nah i had some support, just not right away. The people attacking were close enough that they could cause a problem before i could get massive support going. Most people will run into that problem unless their tribe mates are right on top of each other and logged in 24/7.

Truthfully the biggest problem was i knew which were the real from the fakes (they didnt hide it all too well) and i tried to defend 2 of them very early on when I was initially expanding outward.. But i was caught by surprise the size of one of the nukes (that bountiful harvest full nuke that hit extremely early) and this was also the first time i ran into a 120% morale nuke and didnt take that into consideration when calculating things... while i killed a huge % of it i lost alot of my own defensive troops (there was also a bug that somehow even though i killed almost all of the troops his noble and paladin still lived but thats a different story) so at that point i was relying more on other people. Although in the end I still had to really defend it because he sent nobles. Im back in shape now though which is why i dont mind saying all that lol.

So inconclusion... im back to where i was at the start. crowns help alot especially for those who play offensive at the start.

Last edited by a staff member:

DeletedUser2084

I never been top 10 nor I expect I'll be since I've got nothing to prove in the game, but I appreciate your pathetic attempt to discredit my argument by attacking my character as if one thing had anything to do with the other. Not a good idea for, if I were to judge you by what I know of your gaming, I'd say you have an inferiority complex the size of Alaska, and wining in the game is the way to compensate for the way you've lost in life. Hey, but at least I know that's just my talking BS --no disrespect intended since I don't know you at all.

Still, you didn't answer the question: Have you stopped buying crowns? C'mon, after all your preaching, the right answer shouldn't be too complicated.

Err you're the one who tried to invalidate my opinion by saying I'm some rim player who doesn't experience crown usage. If you're gunna try and invalidate someones opinion, don't cry when someone throws it right back at you.

Let me explain why you're silly scenario has never happened (have you seen it happen on any world ever?).

The biggest reason is morale. Again, since you've never been top 100 in your life either (lol), you probably wouldn't know how badly morale affects larger players. Not only is troops incredibly valuable early game, they are essential to maintaining and growing your spot as #1 or whatever. If you have 15 villages and you decide to nuke a dude with 3 villages and has quite a bit of def, chances are you're going to lose A LOT just to take those villages. Will you win? Sure. Will it be worth it? Nope, not in the slightest.

As I started off saying, try and find a world where this has actually happened. You probably can't because it hasn't happened, for that exact reason. It's simply not worth it to be so far ahead.

So before you sprout some bs theory, try and think about what you say and write before you actually write it.

DeletedUser2084

nah i had some support, just not right away. The people attacking were close enough that they could cause a problem before i could get massive support going. Most people will run into that problem unless their tribe mates are right on top of each other and logged in 24/7.

Truthfully the biggest problem was i knew which were the real from the fakes (they didnt hide it all too well) and i tried to defend 2 of them very early on when I was initially expanding outward.. But i was caught by surprise the size of one of the nukes (that bountiful harvest full nuke that hit extremely early) and this was also the first time i ran into a 120% morale nuke and didnt take that into consideration when calculating things... while i killed a huge % of it i lost alot of my own defensive troops (there was also a bug that somehow even though i killed almost all of the troops his noble and paladin still lived but thats a different story) so at that point i was relying more on other people. Although in the end I still had to really defend it because he sent nobles. Im back in shape now though which is why i dont mind saying all that lol.

So inconclusion... im back to where i was at the start. crowns help alot especially for those who play offensive at the start.

Oh yeah I'm not saying crowns don't give an advantage at all. But it's no where near as powerful and you and others have been making it out to be. The reason why those players could do those things are like you've stated: Very close to you, you don't have much support in terms of outside help and there's simply more of them than you. Crowns or not you'd still be in the same situation.

Now if you were saying they were instant-building 7 nukes a day sending them to you daily then I'd be inclined to agree.. but currently the issues you are facing aren't to do with crowns, but more of a game-play issue.

DeletedUser2847

My experience is that crowns give you an huge advantage in early game. Especially first 2-3 weeks. It gives you a boost. If crowns are being used in combination with some tribemates send you resources it gives you an extrem advantage in the early game. But this is just when you compare 1 player to another. The general quality and activity of members in your tribe is more important and how you are working together with your tribemembers. I use some crowns by myself but in a moderate way Maybe 3-4000 crowns first 2-3 weeks after this i almost dont use any crowns. This is normally enough to keep me in top 10. The advantage i have with crown use is that its easier to not get rimmed in early game and its also easier to noble the first 10-15 villas. This is a game thats "Free to play" But Innogames need to make some money to keep the game going. If it wasnt for the players that use some money it wouldnt have been any TW2. I would have liked that the crown system turned into some kind of premium package. Maybe paid 10-20 euro every month to have it. But this is just because its possible to use todays system to totally dominate a realm if you are stupid enough to spend a couple of thousand euro on it. But i have never played against a big crowner thats realy good in this game. They are using coins to hide that they are lacking skills. The good players dont need to spend a huge amount of money they might use some crowns or no crowns. Normally the crown use would be about equal when you compare two tribes against eachother If a good tribe works together there is no problem to handle a big crowner. But the way the system is designed it is possible to buy a victory if you are a medium player. You just need to be stupid enough to spend thousands of euro on a realm. Normally crowns doesnt matter when you get 30-40 villas its skills and activity that matters

DeletedUser

Like to see the healthy debates... think most of us are in agreement that crowning brings a different element to the game but having an active tribe around you that are loyal and are willing to stay for a year of gaming..

Interesting that only a small few of the world are on the forums and talking... would like to see what the top P&D players think of there money spent?

DeletedUser1914

Like to see the healthy debates... think most of us are in agreement that crowning brings a different element to the game but having an active tribe around you that are loyal and are willing to stay for a year of gaming..

Interesting that only a small few of the world are on the forums and talking... would like to see what the top P&D players think of there money spent?
Lets not open up that can of worms aye.Sure they have crowns but it didn't help them support heir players much.